We will limit the number of participants in this program, with a maximum expected number of participants at 48 players total. The maximum coach to player ratio will be 1 to 12. Some other detail of the program are below:
Dates: This program will run from September 2018 through May, 2019.
Practices: There will be two practices per week approximately from 4:15-5:30pm.
Fields: The field to be used will be at Pinecrest Community Center.
Coaches: Each group will be led by professionally licensed coaches from our competitive program, assisted by other coaches.
Fee: The fee will be $1200.00 which includes ONE league fee (i.e Dade League), a string sack and one ball. Fee does not include uniform or practice gear. Each team will be responsible for referee fees per league match.
Program: The first two months will focus on technical development, with inter-squad, jamboree, and recreation games in our in-house program. The winter season will focus on further development during the recreation-off season. During the spring, the teams will transition into a competive league. For the 2018/2019 season, we are starting the program with players of younger ages. The players are too young to compete in competitive games so will participate within our recreation program.
- Develop a passion for the game
- Develop players with the ability to make critical decisions on their own during game play
- Create players who are comfortable with the ball
- Teach the necessary skills and technique to develop the total soccer player and help their transition into competitive soccer
Players will learn:
- Basic skill sets
- Dribbling moves, passing, shooting and ball control
- Teamwork, positional play
- Discover and solve soccer-specific problems
- Improvise and make decisions on their own during practices/games